Why you need to service your air conditioner?
Is your air conditioner making strange noises? Is it not giving enough cooling? Does it trip overnight on a regular basis? This are signs that you air conditioner needs servicing. There are many air conditioning services in Canberra. Just make sure to get your AC serviced every six months or so. Why you need to service your air conditioner? Well just take a look at all the following reasons why servicing an AC is a necessity.
- The filters, coils and plugs of an air conditioner need to be cleaned on a regular basis. In order to make sure that your cooling unit works well throughout the year, a service is always necessary.
- According to the association of energy saving, maintaining your cooling unit can help make it work well and give good value for money.
- You would need to clean or replace the filters of the air conditioner on a regular basis. Filters are responsible for trapping the dirt and clogged dust and allowing only fresh air to pass through the unit. This is exactly why cleaning the filters is so important.
- If you fail to clean the filters, the trapped dirt would be carried to the cooling coil of the unit and would in turn affect its cooling efficiency. Regularly cleaning the filters or replacing them can lower the energy consumption of your air conditioner by almost fifteen percent. This in turn would help you save cash on utility bills as well.
- Though most filters in an air conditioner are reusable, there are few which need to be replaced every few months or so. When you call I air conditioning service Canberra, they would help you get an idea of whether you should simply clean the filters or replace them.
- If you tend to use the air conditioner all day, you might need to service your air conditioner on an earlier basis. This is because the unit is working nonstop. Blocking out dirt and debris all the time.
- The coils of the air conditioner collect dirt and debris over the course of several months. If the filters are clean they wouldn’t let too much dirt reach the coil. However, the coils need to be cleaned at least once a year as well.
- In order to avoid the coils getting dirty, just make sure that the vent near the units remain free of dirt and debris. Sometimes foliage blow over clogs the vents and reduce the efficiency of your air conditioner. Make sure that the area around the coil is neat and clean.
- On the back of coils are aluminum fins. These fins become bent over a period of time and start blocking the air flow. At a whole sale for AC units, you would find a fin comb. This helps the coils to be combed back into their actual position.
- The drains of the unit may also become clogged. Just make sure to pass a stiff wire through the drains to unclog the drains.
For more information on air conditioning in Canberra, make sure you contact a registered Australian business.